(…) Until I realized my internal microphone wasn’t working at all, although I was able to use an external microphone conected to the mic jack, but that would be stupid as I already have one that already works (…)
Tag Archives: Kernel
These are some facts about Linux
- Linus Torvalds developed the Kernel while he was a student in the University of Helsinki in 1991.
- Last year, 75% of the code created for Linux, was developed by private companies.
- In December 2009, IBM announced a new Mainframe system designed to work under Linux.
- IBM choose Linux to use it in the next most powerful Supercomputer, named Sequoia (2011).
- 446 of the 500 top Supercomputers use Linux.
- 95% of the servers used in Hollywood studios used for animated films use Linux.
- The first film produces in Linux servers was Titanic in 1997
- James Cameron also choose Linux servers to produce Avatar.
- Google servers use Linux.
- Google contributed with 1.1% of the actual Linux kernel.
- Linux is going into the smartphone market.
- OS’ like Palm WebOS, Google Andoid, Nokia Maemo or Samsung Bada use the Linux kernel.
- TiVo uses its own personalized version of Linux.
- Linux leads the server market with 33,8% (Windows has 7,3%)
- Well, in the desktop and laptop market, Linux only has about 1,02% share.
Some things worth knowing 😉